Conlang Directory: Not Listed Elsewhere
Up to Conlang Index
- Basic English
- A proper subset of English, with all but 850 words removed. A good idea in theory -- it would be easy to learn this subset of English, and it would be a good first step towards learning the whole language. However it uses idioms, homonyms, and phrasal verbs extensively -- for example it might use "put up with" to mean "tolerate". So it's not as much a simplification of natural English as it would appear. Not to be confused with Special English (see below)
- "The gutteral utteral rhyming language". Invented for the purpose of being fun to pronounce; it uses rhymes a lot in its grammar; has little vocabulary of its own; and it appears to be basically a complicated code for English, like Pig Latin from Hell.
- Earth Minimal
- An attempt to create a small (200 word vocab) but adequate auxilliary language. Reminds me of Speedwords in that there are a small (smaller!) number of very short words, and a simple, regular grammar for connecting them. Complete reference online.
- It's called Eklektu because it borrows words from lots of languages. There are also some lessons.
- Iconic language being developed at Stavanger University in Norway.
- Ilianore is inspired by Old English, and uses its alphabet. It is a "naturalistic", conlang in the sense that it has an invented etymology, and deliberate irregularities. Several translations of Old English poetry are included.
[archivist: Jeffrey Henning]
[Bruce V. Bracken]